Thursday, April 19, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I am back at my keyboard for the next few days after a very pleasant excursion to Nevada, where I lectured on French politics at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. I want to thank my host, Prof. Greg Brown, whom I came to know through this blog. Indeed, the connections I've made through the blog have been one of the most rewarding aspects of this activity, and one that I did not anticipate when I began writing on French politics for the Internet five years ago. I also want to take this opportunity to welcome any new Las Vegas-based readers who may have discovered the blog through my visit there. I'm glad to have you with us. And it was instructive to visit your city, a reminder for this life-long Eurocentric Easterner of the diversity of American ways of life. Let a hundred flowers bloom, including the flowers of the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment